In current series of blog posts, I shared detail on Installation and configuration of SharePoint 2016 and also for WFEs. In this blog I am sharing the details on how to setup outgoing email, follow the below steps to configure outgoing email in SharePoint Server 2016 (similar steps for SharePoint Server 2013)
- If you have existing SMTP server, you can configure with the SharePoint Central Admin
- If not, install a SMTP server as your outbound SMTP server.
- Configure the Outgoing e-mail server information by opening SharePoint Central Administration and following these steps:
- In Central Administration, click System Settings.
- On the System Settings page, in the E-Mail and Text Messages (SMS) section, click Configure outgoing e-mail settings.
- On the Outgoing E-Mail Settings page, in the Mail Settingssection, type the SMTP server name for outgoing e-mail (e.g. “mail.MSTechTalk.com”) in the Outbound SMTP server
- In the From addressbox, type the e-mail address as you want it to be displayed to e-mail recipients, such as “sharepoint@MSTechTalk.com”
- In theReply-to address box, type the e-mail address to which you want e-mail recipients to reply to, if desired.
- In the Character setlist, select the character set that is appropriate for your language.
Test outgoing email by dropping a test file in the Pickup folder https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/297700
- SharePoint Farm User Accounts
- SQL Server 2016 Installation Step by Step
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation Step by step
- SharePoint 2016: Products Configuration Wizard
- SharePoint Server 2016: Add a web front end with distributed cache
Latest posts by Adnan Amin (see all)
- SharePoint folder deletion error: Cannot delete/checked out issue - March 5, 2019
- Get list of all hidden lists in a SharePoint Site - February 27, 2019
- SharePoint Modern UI: Using Sites web part page - February 19, 2019