In previous blog posts, I shared detail on Installation and configuration of SharePoint 2016 and also for WFEs. In this blog I am sharing the details on how to register Managed accounts in SharePoint.
Register all SharePoint accounts except, SPFarm, SuperUser and SuperReader as managed accounts.
To register a managed account
- On the SharePoint Central Administration Web site home page, in the left navigation, click Security.
- On the Security page, in the General Security section, click Configure managed accounts.
- On the Managed Accounts page, click Register Managed Account.
- In the User name box, type the name of the account.
- In the Password box, type the password for the account.
- If you want SharePoint Server 2016 to handle changing the password for the account, select the Enable automatic password change box and specify the password change parameters that you want to use.
- Click OK.
To verify managed accounts, go to Central Administration home page –> Click on Security on left navigation –> and Click Configure managed accounts under General Security section.
- SharePoint Farm User Accounts
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation Step by step
- SharePoint 2016: Products Configuration Wizard
- SharePoint Server 2016: Add a web front end with distributed cache
Latest posts by Adnan Amin (see all)
- Five ways to get OneDrive URL for a User in Microsoft 365 - March 1, 2020
- OneDrive Sync issue: SharePoint Documents Library not syncing - February 12, 2020
- Teamwork in Microsoft 365 - September 18, 2019