In previous blog posts, I shared detail on Installation and configuration of SharePoint 2016 and also for WFEs. In this blog I am sharing the details on how to register Managed accounts in SharePoint.
Register all SharePoint accounts except, SPFarm, SuperUser and SuperReader as managed accounts.
To register a managed account
- On the SharePoint Central Administration Web site home page, in the left navigation, click Security.
- On the Security page, in the General Security section, click Configure managed accounts.
- On the Managed Accounts page, click Register Managed Account.
- In the User name box, type the name of the account.
- In the Password box, type the password for the account.
- If you want SharePoint Server 2016 to handle changing the password for the account, select the Enable automatic password change box and specify the password change parameters that you want to use.
- Click OK.
To verify managed accounts, go to Central Administration home page –> Click on Security on left navigation –> and Click Configure managed accounts under General Security section.