To start, logon to the server using the SharePoint Admin account. Running the install and configuration wizard under this account will ensure the process provisions databases on SQL Server with the main SharePoint Admin account as the database DBO.
The major updates in Feature pack 2 is SharePoint Framework which was only available in SharePoint online, now you can use it in SharePoint Server 2016 with Feature Pack 2. The other updates with Feature Pack 2 include (also available in feature pack 1)
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience
In this blog post I am referring the installation of Feature Pack 2 which include all updates and enhancements of Feature Pack 1, you can check for latest updates from this link (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt715807(v=office.16).aspx#BKMK_2016)
- DO NOT Run the configuration wizard after the installation
- Download and Install Feature Pack 2 on all servers
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4011244 (Details)
- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56230 (Direct Download link)
- After Installation Restart all machines
Install SharePoint feature pack on all machines.