The new Site’s web part allows users to show the logged in user’s current sites or you can also customize it to show specific sites. On my opinion it’s a very useful web party introduced with SharePoint Modern UI which an end user can easily configure. It minimized the effort to create custom web part or adding links on the page for different sites.
Note: This will only show sites on which user have access.
Adding Sites web part on the page
This web part can only be added on Modern UI pages, you can not add this on classic pages. If you already have a modern page then edit the page to add the web part, if not then create a modern UI page and follow below steps to add the web part:
- Edit the page by clicking on Edit link available on top right of the page if page is not in edit mode.
- Click on the + sign on the web part region where you want to add the Site’s web part.
- It will show you a dialog to select the web part. Double click the Site’s web part to add on the page.
- Click on the web part’s Edit link to edit web part properties where you have to option to select frequent sites for current user or you can select specific sites.
- You can also see the option to select a layout.
- Save the changes and publish the pages so changes can be available to all users.
- There are three different layouts available which can select editing the web part properties.
Latest posts by Adnan Amin (see all)
- Five ways to get OneDrive URL for a User in Microsoft 365 - March 1, 2020
- OneDrive Sync issue: SharePoint Documents Library not syncing - February 12, 2020
- Teamwork in Microsoft 365 - September 18, 2019