Data validation is the process of ensuring that user input is correct and useful information. Email validation is one of the most know validation format and there are too many regex or custom scripts available to validate the email value. But if we discuss about SharePoint list, its not the case.
In a SharePoint list, we can add column validation on text field but not all available Regex or custom formulas working as required. Today I am sharing a working email validation formula and steps to apply on your SharePoint list.
Steps to Apply Email validation in SharePoint List
- Create a text field in your SharePoint list and Name it Email.
- Click on Gear Icon from top right and click on List settings.
- Under Columns, click on Email, this will open the Email column edit page
- Scroll down on the page and expand the Column Validation, it will show you the validation formula section
- Copy below email validation formula in Formula Pane and also enter the User message.
- Save the changes and test it by adding a new item to the list.
One important thing is that this email validation will only apply on new items added to the form, not on the existing items.