Microsoft Teams and SharePoint are two powerful tools that can be used together to streamline collaboration and productivity. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to create and manage SharePoint sites from Teams, and discuss best practices for organizing and managing sites.
Creating SharePoint Sites from Teams:
Teams allows you to create SharePoint sites directly from within the application. Here are the steps to do so:
- Navigate to the Channel where you want to create the SharePoint site.
- Click on the ‘+’ button next to the tabs to add a new tab.
- Select ‘SharePoint’ from the list of available apps.
- Follow the prompts to create a new SharePoint site. You can choose to use an existing site as a template or create a new site from scratch.
Managing SharePoint Sites from Teams:
Once your SharePoint site is set up, you can manage it directly from within Teams. Here are some best practices for managing SharePoint sites:
- Customize your site navigation to make it easier for team members to find what they need. This can be done by adding links to important pages, documents, and other resources.
- You can add apps and tabs to your SharePoint site to extend its functionality. This can include tools like calendars, task lists, and more.
- SharePoint provides a range of security controls that allow you to set permissions for your site. By setting permissions, you can ensure that only the right people have access to sensitive information.
- Use document libraries to organize your files and documents in a logical manner. This can include setting up subfolders and using metadata to categorize files.
- SharePoint provides powerful list and form capabilities that can be used to track information and data. Use these tools to manage workflows, requests, and more.
By creating and managing SharePoint sites from Teams, you can streamline collaboration and productivity for your team. With proper setup and management, SharePoint can be a valuable tool for organizing and managing information and resources. By following these best practices, you can create a powerful and efficient platform for your team to work from.