I have written a series of blog posts where I shared detail on Installation and configuration of SharePoint 2016 and also for WFEs. In this blog I am sharing the details on how to provision Managed Metadata Service Application, follow below steps to provision Managed Metadata Service:
- Begin by opening SharePoint Central Administration.
- Click on the Manage service applications link under the Application Management menu to navigate to the Manage Service Applications page.
- In the ribbon, on the Service Applications tab, click on the New dropdown button, and click on the Managed Metadata service application.
- Create a new Managed Metadata Service Application
- In the Create New Managed Metadata Service Application modal window, enter the application name and database information. The following figure provides an example of the Create New Managed Metadata Service Application modal window:
- Enter the Managed Metadata Service Application details as follow
- Click the OK button to create the Managed Metadata service application.
- Setup an administrator the Managed Metadata Termsets.
- Test the termset’s ability to create new tags.
- SharePoint Farm User Accounts
- SQL Server 2016 Installation Step by Step
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation Step by step
- SharePoint 2016: Products Configuration Wizard
- SharePoint Server 2016: Add a web front end with distributed cache
Latest posts by Adnan Amin (see all)
- SharePoint 2016 Multi-Server Farm Installation Guide - November 20, 2017
- SharePoint Server 2016: Provision Service Applications - November 20, 2017
- SharePoint Server 2016: Provision User Profile Services - November 17, 2017