SharePoint Server 2016 release candidate patch has been released few days back which need to be applied on SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2. In this post I just summarized the hardware & software requirements and Installation prerequisites which are already listed on different sites, at the end of this article you can the listing of few important links which give you more details on below listed information and also helpful how you can apply Release Candidate patch on SharePoint Server Beta 2.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1– (64-Bit)
- SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2
- SharePoint Server 2016 Release Candidate Patch
Below table shows the standard hardware requirement for Single Server installation or Multi-server installation.
- Two computer farm with:
- One SharePoint server that uses the Single-Server role.
- One SQL Server
- Four or five computer farm with:
- One SQL Server
- One Front-end web server.
- One Application server.
- One Distributed Cache server.
- One Search server.
SharePoint Server 2016 installation Pprerequisites
- Windows Identity Foundation
- SQL Client
- Microsoft Identity Extension
- Microsoft Sync Framework 1.0 SP1
- Windows Server App Fabric
- AppFabric 1.1 Cummulative Update
- Active Directory Rights Management Services Client 2.1
- Windows Communications Framework Data Services 5.6.0
- .NET Framework 4.6
- Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package
- Security Update for .NET 4.5.2
Some important links are listed below:
- Download link for SharePoint Server 2016 Release candidate
- Download link for SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2
- Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 Release Candidate
- How to apply the SharePoint Server 2016 Release Candidate patch?
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation step by step
Latest posts by Adnan Amin (see all)
- PowerShell script to download all Farm solutions - June 23, 2016
- Beta Exam for SharePoint 2016 is now available (Exam 70-339) - June 22, 2016
- SharePoint Server 2016 Hardware and Software Requirements - January 29, 2016